In a generally unheralded speech about the so-called "stimulus" package, dated February 10, 2009, Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) said:
Let me conclude by saying we are at a seminal moment in our country. We will either start living within the confines of realism and responsibility or we will blow it and we will create the downfall of the greatest nation that ever lived.
This bill is the start of that downfall. To abandon a market-oriented society and transfer it to a Soviet-style, government-centered, bureaucratic-run and mandated program, that is the thing that will put the stake in the heart of freedom in this country.
Coburn says that the policies being pursued by Obama will lead to a "Soviet-Style, government centered, bureaucratic-run and mandated" result. As I recall, the Soviet-style of government was a communist state.
Coburn concludes that the continuation of such Soviet-style policies will "create the downfall of the greatest nation that ever lived."
Until a friend sent me an email about it on Friday, I hadn't read Senator Coburn's speech. But on Thursday evening in Hastings, Nebraska, when asked about Obama's policies, I said that he is a radical communist, and that if Americans who care about liberty (i.e., who don't want to put a stake in its heart?) do nothing to stop him he'll bring about the destruction of the United States.
Though I never watch Keith Olbermann's drivel or anything else on MSNBC (and advise others to practice the same abstinence) I read that in response to my comments he questioned my sanity.
If I'm out of my mind, I guess I'm not the only one.
I also read that Olbermann tried to make something sinister out of my saying that unless Obama is stopped (in his efforts to establish a communist state) the U.S. will be destroyed. Compared to the sort of language used against say, Ronald Reagan and G.W. Bush by Democrat and left wing-critics, this is a polite and reasonable exhortation to political action. However the effort to construe it as something else smacks of the tactics employed at the famous show-trials of Stalin's era, even as Olbermann's suggestion of insanity brings to mind the communist practice of committing dissidents to psychiatric hospitals. Could their use of such tactics be the reason Olbermann and his "We're all socialists now" Newsweek buddies (like his guest for the segment, Jonathan Alter) don't want us using the "C" word? We might remember the tactics of communist repression, and notice some similarities.


0 comments:
Post a Comment